"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged:
condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:
forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:"
- Luke 6:37
University campuses are intellectually rigorous, emotionally volatile, and spiritually challenging. In order for our college-aged students to be as Christ-like as possible during this formidable time in our lives, we commit to the ideals of evangelism, spiritual development, fellowship, and service.
Gators for Christ is sponsored by the University City Church of Christ, and it draws its membership from students attending the University of Florida and Santa Fe College. It is a recognized student / campus ministry at the University of Florida.
The Mission of Gators for Christ is to serve and glorify God. Our goals are to facilitate:
We commit to forming continuous, sincere relationships with non-Christians. We provide a welcoming and open atmosphere at college group activities, including worship. We strive to demonstrate our faith through our actions in a Christ-like manner.
Our mission is to use our spiritual foundation daily to grow in knowledge of the Bible and strengthen our faith both individually and as a group. We do this by providing a spiritual environment for encouragement and guidance leading to a deeper relationship with God.
We commit to building strong, lasting relationships with each other by including fellowship in every aspect of ministry. By promoting acceptance, we create a fun environment during group activities that will make enjoyable college memories to last a lifetime and beyond.
We commit to giving of our time and efforts to improve the quality of life for those less fortunate than we are. In our quest to help others, we hope to spread the Gospel by imitating Jesus.
Community projects include feeding the homeless at St. Francis House, Wheel Chair Ramp projects, Christmas for underprivileged kids in our community, gifts for UF/Shands’ kids, coats for the homeless, and assisting our youth activities and elderly members.
Intramural Gators for Christ team sports
We also believe in having fun and participate in team sports at UF including fall flag
We also believe in having fun and participate in team sports at UF including fall flag football and spring softball and basketball, and the UCCC gym is often the site of pick-up basketball and volleyball games after our “Peak of the Week” Bible class on Wednesday nights.
Here’s a sampling of just some of the planned activities for Gators for Christ for the 2016-2017 school year:
- Weekly Bible classes (Sunday and Wednesday)
- “Dinner & Devo” each 4th Sunday
- Serving children patients at Ronald McDonald House
- Serving homeless clients at St. Francis House
- Men’s and Women’s Small Bible Study Groups
- Wheelchair Ramp Service Projects
- Las Casitas, Honduras, and Nassau, Bahamas Mission Trips
- “Christmas for the Community” – lunch, gifts and Santa in support of our community’s foster families
- “Loco in Coco” fall beach retreat and Florida Bible Camp spring retreat with other state college ministries
- “Family Vacation” retreat at Panama City Beach with campus ministries from throughout the southeastern U.S.
- Gators for Christ Christmas Party
- Supporting UCCC’s Youth and Children’s Ministries – teaching and leading
For more information, contact Donny Dillon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the internet at www.gatorsforchrist.com
On Facebook at www.Facebook/gatorsforchrist